Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry With A Twist
Thanks for visiting! We're excited to share our Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry recipe with you. Our recipe is a bit different from many other recipes you see online. You want to know what the secret is? Check it out below!
Our recipe starts off with the regular ingredients you tend to see: beef, broccoli, oyster sauce, and black pepper. Many recipes also include some corn starch to create that luxurious gravy. Ours does too!
But the difference with our stir fry is that we add tomatoes and seasoning sauce (Golden Mountain or Maggie). We believe this creates more depth of flavor and makes it so delicious!
Another secret to our stir fry is that we cook it in a pan that can get extra hot and retain that heat throughout the cooking process. When cooks in Asia make stir fry they start out with a smoking hot pan. Our Kasian House Cast Iron Wok is perfect for this because it retains heat while allowing you to efficiently stir fry using that wok shape pan. And it's currently 15% off when you use the link below to purchase one!
Click here to check out our Cast Iron Wok
Here are the ingredients you'll need to collect. Include 2 sauces that marinate the beef: oyster sauce and Golden Mountain (or Maggie) seasoning sauce.
Once you have all the ingredients collected, it really is just a matter of throwing in the ingredients into the pan. I like to steam my vegetables ahead of time so that they don't spend too much time stir frying. By the time they are cooked tender, sometimes they lose their vibrant colors. A quick 4-6 mins steam and a shock in ice water will help maintain their color and make your meal look great.
Here is the final product! You'll want to serve this nice and hot over rice.
- 1 lb beef (sirloin or flank steak works) cut into thin slices
- 4 cups of broccoli florets (steamed for 4-6 minutes)
- 2 plum tomatoes cut into wedges
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp of avocado oil (or any oil with a high smoke point)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp seasoning sauce
- 1 tspn black pepper
- Slice beef and add oyster sauce and seasoning sauce. Marinade for at least 30 mins.
- Mix corn starch and 1 table spoon of water and set aside.
- In a large skillet (preferably one that can retain heat like our Cast Iron Wok) add oil and heat the pan until the oil look shimmery
- Add minced garlic and quickly stir the garlic around for 45-60 seconds to avoid burning
- Add marinated beef and stir around to mix with garlic and oil
- When beef is almost cooked add, tomatoes and stir for about 2-3 mins to let the tomato soften and release some juices
- Once the tomatoes have softened, add 2 table spoons of water and stir. Then make a small hole in the middle of the pan and add cornstarch slurry. Let this cook for 1-2 mins until you see the gravy thicken.
- Add broccoli and quickly coat the broccoli with the gravy and beef.
- Turn off heat and sprinkle cilantro over stir fry.
- Serve over rice or noodles!
We hope you enjoyed this dish! If you'd like to see more, please sign up for our newsletter!